A new Park & Ride facility on the south-eastern corner of Well Station Drive and Flemington Road is coming! Once complete, Gungahlin residents will be encouraged to park their cars and catch the light rail to their destination.
Design work is currently underway and is looking at:
- car parking facilities for upwards of 150 vehicles
- designated disabled parking spaces
- access point from Well Station Drive
- provision of a right turn bay into the facility from Well Station Drive and a left turn slip lane out
- new pavement, kerbs, subsoil and stormwater drainage
- new paths linking to the existing signalised intersection of Flemington Road and Well Station Drive
- new and upgraded street lighting
- line marking, signage and landscaping.
As part of the ACT Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, funding has also been provided to include bike and ride facilities at this location. This may include a combination of bike racks, cages, lockers and rails.
Expected start date: Late 2020
Expected completion date: Mid 2021