A meal plan is your secret weapon to reducing your food waste.
Canberra households spend hours each week grocery shopping. Making a meal plan reduces our shopping time, helps our wallet and solves that mid-week ‘what’s for dinner?’ panic.
Love Food Hate Waste meal planner
Use what you have
- Check your fridge, freezer and pantry to help make your plan.
- Start with planning just three dinners a week.
- Add an ‘eat what you can find’ night to use up any extras.
Get the household involved
- Involve kids and other family members in planning and cooking.
- Let everyone choose a meal each week.
- Plan it with household activities in mind – soccer training night might not be the best night for cooking up a gourmet feast!
- Put your plan somewhere visible, like the fridge.
Prefer a digital meal plan?
There are a lot of free meal planning apps. Here’s a couple you might like to try:
Want more? Join our Love Food Hate Waste mailing list to stay up to date or get in touch at email@example.com