Taking a shopping list and sticking to it means you will only buy what you plan to use. This will save you money and reduce food waste.
Writing a list
- Before going to the shop, check what you already have in your fridge, freezer and pantry.
- If you have a meal plan, use this as a starting point to make your shopping list.
- Download the Love Food Hate Waste meal plan and shopping list template (PDF 154KB). You may like to print it out to fill in and put on your fridge as a reminder. You can also use a PDF reader to edit the form on your device.
Only buy what you need and plan to use
- Try to stick to your list at the shops.
- Try not to shop when you are hungry.
- If you don’t have a plan for it, don’t buy it.
Prefer a digital shopping list?
There are a lot of free shopping list apps. Here’s a couple you might like to try:
Want more? Join our Love Food Hate Waste mailing list to stay up to date or get in touch at email@example.com