Calling all students: design artwork for our waste trucks and you could win an ipad mini!
We have two new collection trucks that are a blank canvas, waiting for a design that will inspire our community to think about recycling and resources. ACT school students are invited to pitch their design, with two themes to choose from. The winning designs will appear on the new ACT collection trucks for the whole community to enjoy. The two winners will also take home an iPad mini*!
*For competition terms and conditions see the entry form below.
Theme 1: Recycling
One vehicle will be a dedicated recycling truck, so we are looking for a design focused on recycling. The recycling bin is for paper, cardboard, glass bottles and jars, aluminium and steel cans and plastic containers. Can you come up with a design that will motivate the community to recycle right?
Recycling truck entry form (PDF 232KB)
Theme 2: Valuing resources and/or minimising waste
The new mixed-use collection truck will sometimes collect recycling and sometimes collect rubbish, so we are looking for a design focused on valuing resources and/or minimising waste.
Mixed-use collection truck entry form (PDF 256KB)
How to enter
Create your design using the template provided, a blank piece of paper or submit as a digital file. Entries and the completed entry form must be received by post or email to ACT NoWaste by 5pm on 6 December 2020.
Clear digital copies of artworks of no more than 6MB can be emailed to email@example.com along with your entry form.
Postal address: Waste Education and Partnerships ACT NoWaste 480 Northbourne Ave Dickson ACT 2602.
Terms and conditions
1. This competition is open only to ACT school aged children from 4 – 18 years of age who have been entered by a parent or legal guardian.
2. All adults registering a child or children must submit the adults’ name, email address, phone number, and relationship to the child, and the child’s name, age, and school, and agree to the terms and conditions of the competition.
3. All entries must be received by ACT NoWaste either digitally or arrive by post no later than 5pm 6/12/2020
4. Only one entry per child may be submitted.
5. Submitted artwork must be the child’s original creation.
6. Entries can be a drawing, painting, mixed media or digitally created work.
7. Ensure your design is limited to no more than 10 words otherwise they may not be able to be clearly read from a distance.
8. Entries will be accepted using the competition template or can be created on a blank piece of paper or digital design.
9. Clear digital copies of artworks of no more than 6MB can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. ACT NoWaste reserves the right to crop and/or correct artwork for vehicle suitability, visibility and legibility.
11. The ACT Government logo will be added to the final design and is not required to be added by the entrant.
12. Two winners will be selected by the competition panel.
13. The winners will be decided by a panel of judges who will assess the entrants on four criteria:
b. Ability to inspire the community
c. The design aligns with ACT Government’s recycling and waste messages
d. The design will transfer well to a truck decal (outdoor sticker).
14. Winners will be announced on 11 December 2020 via email and follow up phone call.
15. By entering this competition parents/guardian consent to have the child’s first name and their artworks to appear online and printed on the Suez vehicle and any related publicity carried out or produced by ACT NoWaste without further notice or compensation.
16. The contestant still retains their rights to use and publish their artwork.
17. The panel’s decision is final and without appeal in all matters related to this competition.
18. ACT NoWaste assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postagedelayed, or misdirected entries, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the competition.
19. The competition winners (two winners announced by ACT NoWaste), will each receive an Apple iPad mini (64GB) Wi-Fi (Space Grey) . Prize valued at $599 each. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
20. In the case of an ineligible entry being chosen as a winner, the next best entry chosen by competition panel will be selected and contacted via email or telephone.
21. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the next best entry will be selected by ACT NoWaste and awarded the prize.
22. ACT NoWaste is not responsible for arranging or paying for any additional or ancillary costs associated with the prize.
23. In the event that the prize is unavailable or cancelled for any reason whatsoever, NoWaste reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize.
24. ACT NoWaste shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for liability, which cannot be excluded by law.
25. ACT NoWaste reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at its discretion.
26. ACT NoWaste will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that occur during the administration of the competition.
27. By entering this competition, entrants agree that ACT NoWaste and its directors, and other groups supporting the competition, are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this competition.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com