In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Stormwater applications

Stormwater Easement Clearance

Approval is required for construction or modifications in the vicinity of stormwater easements. Applications must be lodged online. The online application process is also required for driveways and waste management assessments.

The design and construction adjacent to or within stormwater easements must comply with Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) Construction in the vicinity of stormwater easements (PDF 256KB). These documents are intended to ensure the safety and serviceability of stormwater easements.

For more information on applying for stormwater easement approvals, please view the Stormwater Easement Factsheet and Stormwater Advisory Note (PDF 365KB) | Word version (DOC 120KB).

Application forms

Application forms for driveways, stormwater easements and waste assessments can be completed at the same time and lodged via the TCCS building application - statement of endorsement and/or compliance form.

Note: TCCS Development Review and Coordination (DRC) will approve and stamp the site plan which will be forwarded together with letter of approval by email to the applicant.

When submitting the Stormwater Easement Clearance Application you must attach the site plan.

Site plan

The minimum requirements on the site pan are as follows:

For more information on what needs to be included in the plans, please view the sample site plan (PDF 1.1MB).

Categories of stormwater easement approvals

There are four categories of stormwater easement approvals:

For more information about these categories visit Which track will my DA be in? and Exemption from development approval.

A TCCS application is required if you are constructing in the vicinity of a stormwater easement under the 'exempt track' or 'code track' categories. You must obtain approval from DRC via or 13 22 81.

A TCCS application is not required if you are constructing in the vicinity of a stormwater easement under the 'merit track' and 'impact assessment track' categories. Please lodge your development application to EPSDD.