In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Waste management applications

Approval is required for demolition, excavation and construction works generating in excess of 20 m³ of waste. Application must be lodged via the online lodgement form. The smartform application process is required for driveways and stormwater.

A demolition plan must be provided in accordance with:

These documents are intended to ensure best practice approaches to minimise construction and demolition waste.

Application forms

Application forms for driveways, stormwater easements and waste assessments can be completed at the same time and lodged via the TCCS building application — statement of endorsement and/or compliance form.

Note: Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) Development Review and Coordination (DRC) will approve and stamp the waste management plan which will be forwarded together with letter of approval by email to the applicant.

When submitting the Waste and Recycling Management Application via smartform you must submit the following documents:

Demolition plan

Before you start demolition you are required to submit a copy of your plan showing the proposed works to TCCS DRC.

Please make sure the plan includes the following:

Categories of waste management approvals

There are four categories of stormwater easement approvals:

For more information about these categories see which track will my DA be in? and exemption from development approval.

A TCCS application is required if you are creating 20 m³ or more of waste as defined in the Code and your project is under the 'exempt track' or 'code track' categories. You must obtain approval from DRC via or 13 22 81.

A TCCS application is not required if your project is under the 'merit track' and 'impact assessment track' categories. Please lodge your development application to EPSDD.