Page last reviewed 08 Feb 2024
Across the ACT play spaces are being improved and new play activities are being delivered to provide children of all ages with fun, creative and engaging play experiences.
Play space upgrades
Construction is underway on Aranda playground.
Construction is underway on Casey community recreation park.
Construction is underway on Chisholm play space.
Construction is underway on Gordon play space.
Construction is starting soon on Inner north play space.
Construction is starting soon on Kaleen playground.
Construction is starting soon on Lyons playground.
Construction is underway on Ngunnawal playground upgrade.
Minor improvements at existing playgrounds
An annual program of minor improvements is carried out at play spaces across Canberra. These improvements are identified through level three safety inspections.
This could include additional mulch and softfall, raising of swings to ensure safe clearance to the ground when in use, general landscaping improvements or rearrangement of equipment to ensure impact areas are to standard.
The below locations have been included in the upcoming program. Final locations are budget dependent. We anticipate commencing construction on the improvements towards the end of the first quarter of 2024.
- Erldunda Circuit/Anningie Place, Hawker
- Hawker Shopping Centre, Hawker
- Boyle Place, Holt
- Flower Place, Melba
- Narden Street community recreation park, Crace
- Wunderlich Street (Yerrabi Pond), Gungahlin
- Glebe Park (nature play)
- DeBurgh Street, Lyneham
- Carnegie Crescent, Narrabundah
- Burgoyne Street, Bonython
- Fadden Pines District Park (Bugden Avenue), Fadden
- Anmon Place, Kambah
- Kambah Adventure Playground
- Barley Place (community park), Macarthur
- Charleston Street, Monash
- Ada Norris Avenue, Denman Prospect
For information on upgrades and improvements previously completed, visit completed play space upgrades.