Please note customers are asked to abide by physical distancing measures within drop-off facilities, including the Green Shed, and remember that sites are no longer accepting cash payments.
Canberra has two resource management centres where ACT residents can dispose of items that don't belong in household wheelie bins. For advice on the best way to recycle or dispose of specific items search our Recyclopaedia!
Locations and opening hours
Mitchell Resource Management Centre - Flemington Road, Mitchell
Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre - Mugga Lane, Symonston
Both locations open: 7.30 am - 5 pm, seven days per week. Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day.
Disposal fees at ACT Resource Management Centres can be made by EFTPOS only. Cash payments are not accepted.
Resource Management Centres support ACT residents to responsibly recycle and dispose of items that don’t belong in household wheelie bins.
What can I drop off?
The following items can be dropped off at the resource management centres:
- Reusable items can be dropped off for free (and purchased for bargain prices!) at The Green Shed. Conditions apply.
- Green waste can be dropped off for free to Corkhill Brothers. Conditions apply.
- Household recycling including paper, cardboard, glass, aluminium, steel and firm plastic packaging can be recycled for free.
- Mattresses can be dropped off for a fee (Symonston only). Save money and drop your mattresses at Soft Landing in Hume!
- e-Waste can be dropped off for free near the transfer station, follow the signs on site. Conditions apply, visit the hazardous waste page for details.
- Hazardous waste can be dropped off for free, limits apply. Visit the hazardous waste page to find out what is accepted.
- General waste that cannot be reused or recycled can be dropped off at the transfer station, follow the signs on site. Fees apply. This includes construction and demolition materials, and oversize objects.
- Waste to landfill - as a last resort general waste that cannot be reused or recycled can be dropped off at the Resource Management Centre, fees apply.